— Camus Energy
Driving Growth by Putting the Pieces Together
Camus’ software platform gives utilities advanced controls with integrated grid, customer and device data. It allows users to manage grid conditions, lower energy costs, and engage their communities. Using the simplicity and security of cloud-based control, Camus is greatly helping to accelerate renewable energy adoption.
Having secured its Series A funding, Camus focused on driving growth. The company’s marketing goals were to generate leads from its target audience of electric co-ops and municipal utilities, to educate the market and establish a new product category (Grid Management Platform), and to develop a repeatable system for lead generation.
While the team had produced a raft of content to work with, they were faced with several challenges:
- How to best use this existing content and tie it all together into a cohesive campaign
- Which channels to use to get in front of their target audience
- How to best support the sales team by nurturing leads throughout a long sales cycle.
To address these challenges, Alder first developed Camus’ key personas, identified content gaps, matched content to customer journey stages – what content to use when, and why – and created a campaign architecture defining goals, channels, touchpoints, conversion options, and KPIs for impressions and audience engagement.
This integrated lead generation campaign…
- Repurposed Camus’ existing white papers as lead magnets
- Ran LinkedIn advertising and paid media sponsorships to drive traffic for conversion
- Entered new leads into a HubSpot automated email nurturing campaign, complete with automation sequencing and timing, trackable calls-to-action (CTAs), and triggers for lead qualification.
Throughout the campaign, we used new and existing blog posts, press releases, awards and videos as supporting content to engage and educate leads and create trust.
The campaign generated new contacts and qualified leads for Camus while also increasing brand awareness across channels.
- Lead generation campaign strategy
- Persona development
- Content audit, review & feedback
- Advice on campaign creatives (LinkedIn ads, paid media sponsorship)
- Campaign implementation across LinkedIn & HubSpot
- Project management, reporting & campaign optimization
new leads generated
marketing qualified leads
increase in web traffic
active sales conversation
“I highly recommend Alder to any climate tech company looking for strategic demand generation strategy and campaigns.
Alder took the pieces we already had – like whitepapers and blog content – and built a structure for sharing that with our target audience. They scaled the campaign for our capabilities and budget – giving us the support we needed to launch a successful campaign.
The team thinks strategically, has extensive experience in complex B2B climate tech sales, and – most importantly – is reliable and fun to work with.“
Head of Marketing, Camus Energy