Social Media & Community Coordinator
Join one of the leading marketing agencies in climate tech. Our mission is to make climate tech mainstream, and we do this through our Brand to Scale™ methodology.
The role of the Social Media & Community Coordinator supports the Alder team with managing the agency’s social media channels and growing Tofu, our bi-weekly newsletter and Slack community for climate tech marketers.
This is a great role for a graduate student who wants to get into social media and community management while also learning about climate tech and sustainability.
The role is remote, contract-based (1099), and part-time (5-8 hours/week).
Responsibilities and tasks include:
As Alder’s social media coordinator, you’ll support Alder’s social media strategy and create relevant content for LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram to grow brand awareness and reach for the agency.
- Plan, draft/create, schedule and post social media posts for Alder (LI, TW, IG) using the tools provided by Alder
- Adhere to Alder brand guidelines, tone of voice, and four-eye-principle for quality assurance when acting on behalf of Alder
- Create monthly reports
- Support wider Alder marketing activities including but not limited to website updates, competitor research, and content creation (e.g. blog writing) – to be agreed upon in advance
- Attend weekly/bi-weekly planning meetings
As Alder’s community coordinator, you’ll support Tofu, a bi-weekly newsletter and Slack community for climate tech marketers run by Alder, where members share tips and tricks on climate tech marketing and network. You’ll work closely with the Alder team to:
- Plan content creation and coordinate a team of writers to deliver content according to the publishing schedule
- Create, post and manage the content distribution via Substack
- Post, comment, encourage our Slack community to keep it lively & active, ensure members adhere to community guidelines
- Manage the Substack subscription process & payments
- Grow the community through promotion on other channels (LinkedIn, other Slack communities, events)
- Explore partnerships & collaborations with other communities and content creators
- Organize virtual community events
- Contribute to the development of the community strategy (growth, promotion, engagement, monetization)
- Adhere to Alder & Tofu brand guidelines, community guidelines, tone of voice, and four-eye-principle for quality assurance when acting on behalf of Tofu
This role pays a 10% commission for any new paid subscribers secured for the Tofu Substack newsletter (based on the Substack subscription type at the time of purchase – monthly, annual or founding member).
Required skills, strengths, and experience:
- Attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Self-starter / quick learner
- Project & time management
- Initial social media and/or community management work experience gained through internships or part-time roles
- Knowledge of social media platforms and scheduling tools (HootSuite)
- Knowledge of marketing tech tools including HubSpot, Substack, WordPress, Google Analytics, and communication/project management tools like Teamwork
- Industry experience in climate tech and sustainability is a plus, but not required
About Alder & Co.
Alder is a woman- and minority-owned strategic brand marketing agency focused exclusively on climate tech. Our values are driven, daring, curious, and loving. And we’re fun to work with. Our team is based remotely, and we communicate via weekly team meetings and Slack. By joining Alder, you’ll propel your career in marketing and PR for mission-driven companies and learn from the best in our industry. Read our manifesto here.
How to apply
Please send your cover letter, resume, and links to any work/writing examples by September 2, 2022 to [email protected]