Join one of the leading marketing agencies in climate tech. Our mission is to make climate tech mainstream, and we do this through our Brand to Scale™ methodology. We are looking for a driven Junior Designer to join our Creative Services team. This is an exciting opportunity for you to progress your marketing design career in a growing agency dedicated to scaling climate tech companies globally who want to solve the climate crisis through smart business ideas.
We are looking for a motivated Junior Designer to create engaging designs in collaboration and on-brand with a passionate group of creatives. Under the supervision of our Art Director, you have an opportunity to draw outside the lines and bring your sharp eye for details in your everyday work. If you’re passionate about design and eager to learn more, we’d like to meet you.
The role is fully remote (US-based).
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Understand project requirements and concepts.
- Use various techniques to create design drafts.
- Produce final design solutions (like logos, banners, interfaces).
- Pitch creative ideas.
- Collaborate with team members to launch projects.
- Take on special design tasks (e.g. color correction).
- Use feedback from Art Director to improve designs.
- Supporting the creative services team in brainstorms, planning, inspiring ideas, and recommendations for the work to be delivered.
Required skills, strengths, and experience:
- Up to three years of agency experience as a Junior Designer.
- Experience with design software (e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud).
- Experience designing, creating, embedding Powerpoint & Word templates.
- Understanding of visual elements (layout, type and fonts).
- Time tracking and multitasking abilities.
- Creativity skills and problem-solving aptitude.
- BSc/BA in Design or a related field
- Efficient, organized, with great attention to detail and a keen eye for quality.
- Great listening skills and ability to support your team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter, show great initiative and ready to roll your sleeves up and get started.
- Creative problem solving, good judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Work collaboratively to foster teamwork and trust.
- Curious, eager to learn and develop your marketing design career.
- Passionate about client service excellence.
- Industry experience in climate tech and sustainability is a plus, but not required.
About Alder & Co.
Alder is a woman- and minority-owned strategic brand marketing agency focused exclusively on climate tech. Our values are driven, daring, curious, and loving. And we’re fun to work with. Our team is based remotely, and we communicate via weekly team meetings and Slack. By joining Alder, you’ll propel your career in marketing for mission-driven companies and learn from the best in our industry. Read our manifesto here.
How to apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.